To assure you of the quality, efficiency, harmlessness and reduced impact on the environment of our products, we have chosen demanding certifications.
All our products are certified by labels of excellence, it's a guarantee for you!
- The European Ecolabel and the Nordic Swan label aim to guarantee that diapers, panties, feminine hygiene protection and incontinence protection meet quality requirements and respect the environment throughout their manufacturing and life cycle (sustainable forest management, limiting toxic waste, etc.).
Both labels guarantee that:
➔ Criteria are developed to reduce toxicity to humans and the aquatic environment (prohibition, for example, of the use of certain chemicals and the addition of fragrances in the composition of products)
➔ The manufacture of products has limited impacts on the environment: reduced energy consumption related to production, use of responsibly produced raw materials
➔ At least 25% (European Ecolabel) or 50% (Nordic Swan) of the wood fibers used in their production are certified as coming from sustainably managed forests (FSC® or PEFC labels). We go beyond the criterion with 100% FSC® certified cellulose in its diapers, panties, feminine protection and incontinence protection.
➔ The production chain of certified products and their components is known and monitored
These labels are subject to annual assessments by independent certification bodies.
- "FSC® (Forest Stewardship Council®) is a global, non-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible forest management worldwide. The goal of FSC® is to promote responsible management of the world's forests. That is, ecologically appropriate, socially beneficial and economically viable management to meet the needs of present and future generations." Source: https://fr.fsc.org/fr-fr/a-propos-de-fsc/notre-vision-et-nos-missions). The cellulose used by Love & Green is FSC® certified, meaning it comes from well-managed forests and controlled sources. We are committed to fighting deforestation by choosing FSC® certified cellulose that comes from Finnish forests.
- TCF (Totally Chlorine-Free): Chlorine-free process. Cellulose is a vegetable material (from wood) that has a brown color when raw. Almost all diapers on the market are bleached to remove the lignin (a component of wood that provides rigidity and impermeability) and make the cellulose more flexible and hydrophilic. Some manufacturers use chlorine derivatives to bleach cellulose. We use a more natural and healthy process for the baby: oxygen bleaching.
- COSMOS is an international specification created by a consortium of national and international associations and organizations (BDIH, Cosmébio, Ecocert, ICEA and Soil Association) in order to harmonize the guarantees of the most demanding historical labels of organic cosmetics between the different countries of the world. Its objective is to guarantee that cosmetics and wipes respect the environment and human health throughout their life cycle through responsible production and transformation processes, respect for biodiversity, the absence (above 2% of the total) of petrochemical ingredients (e.g. parabens, phenoxyethanol, synthetic perfumes and dyes).
The COSMOS label prohibits the use of plants, plant materials and micro-organisms that have been genetically modified (GMO), as well as primary raw materials extracted from live or slaughtered animals. It is permitted to use ingredients of animal origin provided that they are produced by animals but do not constitute a part of the animal and do not result in the death of the animal concerned (honey, milk etc...).
It offers two levels of certification:
- The COSMOS NATURAL certification which guarantees that there is a minimum of 95% of ingredients of natural origin on the total ingredients
- COSMOS ORGANIC certification, which goes even further and guarantees that a minimum of 95% of the "agro-ingredients" (plants and ingredients of animal origin such as honey, milk, etc.) are from Organic Agriculture; that a minimum of 20% of the total ingredients are from Organic Agriculture; and that the chemically transformed ingredients are biodegradable.
This label is subject to an annual audit by an independent certifying body.
All our products are also certified Cruelty Free. This certification issued by PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) guarantees the absence of animal testing in the raw materials and during the manufacturing process.