50% of plastics manufactured to date have been manufactured in the last 15 years Production has increased exponentially from 1.5 million tons in 1950 to 359 million tons in 2018.
It is expected to double again by 2050.
A phenomenal growth to which the hygiene and cosmetics sector is not totally unrelated. Not only is plastic still massively used for packaging, but it is also used in the composition of certain products: cotton buds, exfoliating microbeads in certain cosmetics... or veils, films and absorbent microbeads in diapers and sanitary pads. A baby diaper can contain up to 90% of synthetic and plastic materials!
Commitments to health and the environment
We have developed a common base of health and environmental commitments for all products:
- Hypoallergenic products and our products are necessarily tested under dermatological control before being put on the market and we ban perfumes and allergens in almost all of our products (only our organic orange blossom scented wipes contain a light perfume)
- The use of the most natural ingredients and components possible: all our paper hygiene products have a contact with the skin of natural origin, we use in our diapers 50% of absorbent microbeads of natural origin (a real revolution!) ...
- The banning of any ingredient suspected of having the slightest impact on health, which we list in a regularly updated blacklist. We say no to: ingredients suspected of being carcinogenic, endocrine disruptors, allergens, irritants...
- A systematic environmental certification process for all our products, based on the most demanding existing standards In addition to this common base for all our ranges, we offer specific commitments for each type of product.
Specific commitments for diapers and sanitary pads
All our sanitary protection products are made by a single manufacturer: our trusted partner. Our baby diapers come from two production sites in Spain and the Czech Republic. Feminine protection and incontinence products are made in Italy.
Certified respect for the environment
Our diapers, baby pants and feminine hygiene products are certified by the European Ecolabel, the official European ecological label.
This certification is not available for incontinence protection. Green Family has therefore chosen to use the Nordic Swan label, a demanding environmental label created, maintained and regularly updated by the Nordic Council, a cooperation forum of the parliamentary institutions of Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden.
The cellulose used in our diapers, pant diapers, feminine protection and in the support of our wipes is FSC ® certified. Since its launch, Love & Green has been committed to fighting deforestation by choosing cellulose from well-managed forests and other controlled sources.
Our cellulose is also TCF (Totally Chlorine Free) certified, meaning that it is not bleached with chlorine or chlorine derivatives. The vast majority of cellulose used in the world is bleached with chlorine derivatives. We use another method: oxygen.
We have banned lotions and perfumes from all our sanitary protection (diapers, pads and panties) because they can present irritation risks to some people.
Today, Love & Green offers the most natural diaper composition on the market. In 2008, we were the first to offer Ecolabel certified diapers with a natural skin contact layer. Today, we have gone even further by changing the composition of our absorbent microbeads. To date, all our diapers still contain 100% SAP of chemical origin. Love & Green now offers microbeads with 50% natural origin. Our diapers contain between 46% and 51% of natural materials.
Our feminine hygiene range contains between 75% and 85% natural materials. The veil in contact with the skin is of natural origin and the external veil is composed of vegetable starch.
Specific commitments for cosmetic products and wipes
Committed to not offering unnecessary products and encouraging overconsumption, we limit ourselves to a short range, composed of essential products for the health of babies and women.
A French manufacturing
Our 5 references of wipes are manufactured in Nogent-le Rotrou (Centre - Val de Loire).
Our 8 references of cosmetic products (baby care and intimate care) are produced in Flers in the heart of the Normandy region.
Certified natural origin and respect of the environment
Our wipes are Cosmos Natural certified since 2020 and our cosmetic products are all Cosmos Organic certified.
But also :
Our wipes and the wash base of our cosmetic products are biodegradable.
- Our wipes are made from 100% natural and FSC® certified cellulose (from well-managed forests and controlled sources), and they are bleached without chlorine.
- The backing of our wipes is compostable and biodegradable.
- Our toilet and intimate wipes can be flushed down the toilet and actually degrade! No clogged drains!
- The lotions used are between 98 and 100% natural.
- Our cosmetic products contain between 97 and 100% natural materials
Find out more about our certifications right here.
 Laura Parker, The world's plastic pollution crisis explained, National Geographic (2019). Accessed April 2020.
 Tristan Gaudiaut, 70 years of plastics industry, Statistica (2020). Accessed April 2020.